Realizing you need help:
When people taking care of elders don’t get the help they need, or if they try to do more than they are able — either physically, emotionally or financially, they suffer from a phenomenon called 'burnout'. These people may experience fatigue, stress, anxiety, and depression. At times, they also feel guilty when they spend time on themselves rather than on their ill or elderly loved ones. Thus, when burnout occurs, the people caring for seniors are unable to provide proper help.
Symptoms of Burnout:
The symptoms of burnout are similar to the symptoms of stress and depression.
- Withdrawal from friends, family and other loved ones
- Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed
- Unable to relax, even when help is present
- Trouble concentrating
- Feeling irritable, hopeless and helpless
- Changes in sleeping patterns, appetite and weight
- Falling sick more often
- Feelings of wanting to hurt yourself or the person for whom you are caring
- Emotional and physical exhaustion
- Feelings of guilt when spending time on oneself
- Increase in alcohol consumption/occurrence of substance abuse.
If you’re experiencing one or more of the above mentioned symptoms... you should know it is time to ask for help; before it gets too late. And Utsav Care Homes do exactly that — offer you help to take care of your loved ones.
Ashiana Care Homes or Assisted Living is a practical concept that provides accommodation, support services and personalized care for aged individuals who may need help with daily activities, hygiene maintenance, and health & medication management. It is a combination of home-living with specialized & customized care: an option that makes it possible for seniors to maintain and in fact, improve their quality of life, while getting the nursing care they need; and all this… at an affordable price!
Ashiana Care Homes/Assisted Living offers a triple benefit package:
- Elders retain the sense of independence and familiarity of living in their own homes.
- They enjoy the benefits of being part of a community of like-minded individuals.
- Round-the-clock, professional medical and support team that translates into peace of mind for the entire family.
Facts about Care homes/Assisted Living
- Care Homes make it easy for the seniors to lead a healthy, happy and safe life without burning a hole in their pocket.
- Fully furnished rooms and space for personal belongings. Choice of single/double occupancy rooms and common/separate toilets
- Being attended by permanent nursing staff 24x7 provides familiarity, continuity and a sense of security to the seniors.
- The caregivers will assist in all aspects of daily personal grooming and provide help with medicines, walks, wheelchair assistance etc.
- Dining facility - the meals can also be adapted as per doctor's/dietician's recommendation
- Laundry service of bed linen and personal clothing is part of the monthly package. Our housekeeping staff will maintain individual units as well as common areas.
- Care Homes brings back the concept of the Family Doctor — a person who visits home, recommends Specialist Care where required and is as familiar with the individual’s personality as with their medical reports. The doctor will be available on call and an OPD will function on the premises. The facility of physiotherapy is also available.
- Special care for Dementia and Alzheimer
- The health details of residents will be given to the concerned hospital at the outset, thus enabling quick action during emergencies and less waiting-time.
- A tie-up with labs for all types of pathology tests to ensure efficiency and delivery of reports and medicines to the homes of the residents.
- Prompt, regular and emergency services with ready ambulance. Hospital within 15 minutes drive from the Care Homes complex.
Planned Activities for Each