Buy land, they’re not making it anymore – Mark Twain
Do you know that real estate has been the top investment option even in America – and that it is now being increasingly preferred over other popular investment options? According to a 2016 Gallup Poll, real estate was rated the best long-term investment – well ahead of gold,stocks and mutual funds, savings accounts/CDs and bonds.
And it’s the same in India – where the emotional satisfaction of owning your own property is inherently very strong. And the good news is that experts believe that the Indian real estate market’s recovery phase may already have begun after having hit rock bottom in the last few quarters.
Below are 5 reasons why experts believe that real estate is not only your safest – but also best – long term investment option.
1. Investing in Real Estate IsThe Safest Option Globally All over the world, real estate is considered one of the safest sectors to invest in. In India, it is the second largest employer after agriculture – and is slated to grow at 30% over the next decade. So regardless of temporary setbacks, it’s still the safest investment option – and will continue to grow in the long term.
Tips On Bricks #10 – Why Real Estate is Long Term Investment – Mr. Varun Gupta (Director – Ashiana)
2. Real Estate Is Almost Risk-Free Compared to Stocks Compared to real estate, stocks present a cocktail of uncertainty. Trading in stocks and derivatives is a risky game. Being a highly specialized field, it requires excellent skills to make money out of equities and leverage trades.
3. Anyone Can Invest in Real Estate Investing in real estate does not require any special skills – even a first-timer can do it. Not only is it safer, it will also most likely fetch you better returns in the long run – aside from providing you with a solid roof over your head for generations to come.
4. Real Estate Yields Fabulous Returns in the Long Term More people have become millionaires and billionaires from real estate than possibly any other industry. Moreover, populations are growing – but the supply of land is limited. So the demand will continue to grow – and returns from real estate will continue to yield great returns in the long term.
5. Be Assured of Regular Rental Income One of the biggest benefits of owning your own home is the regular rental income it can generate for you with almost 100% certainty. Unlike in case of stocks, once you own a home, you’re not at the mercy of volatile market forces capable of diluting your net worth overnight. Owning a home assures you of stable and regular monthly income that will keep increasing over time – along with the capital value of your home.
India is now becoming the preferred investment destination for real estate developers. Investments from Japan and China are already in the pipeline – and many more countries are planning to enter soon. And with India poised to become the world’s third largest economy by 2030 – and second largest economy by 2050 – your investment in real estate now will not only be safe – but also extremely rewarding.
Ashiana Housing build homes. Homes surrounded by vast green spaces and fresh breeze. Homes cocooned in secured gated complexes. Homes where futures are forged and there are opportunities to grow. And Homes in environments brimming with healthy activity, trust and respect. At heart, we build communities with care.