Lavish is perhaps the one word that aptly describes schools in Gurgaon. There is no dearth of space in Gurgaon which schools here have optimised to the fullest. Many schools in Gurgaon have corporate backing because of which the infrastructure looks modern with pleasing aesthetics. Students have ample choice when it comes to facilities which may include smart classes, swimming pools, indoor golf courses, gyms, horse riding, robotics and even spas. The parent community comprises of highly educated parents working in MNCs who want superior quality education and facilities for their children which justifies the exorbitant fees they pay. The other big trend which attracts parents are schools which offer international programmes like Cambridge International Examination and the International Baccalaureate Diploma. Many parents who have come back after living abroad prefer international schools with a curriculum which promotes creativity and research rather than habitual repetitive learning.
Following is the list of schools in South Gurgaon:
1. DPS Maruti Kunj: DPS Maruti Kunj is a premier CBSE school founded in 1995. It has a state-of-the-art infrastructure & world class campus spread over 13 acres at Sohna Road and DLF City. DPS Maruti Kunj is a collaboration between Maruti Udyog Ltd and DPS Society to create an institution which would open its portal to every student who would have the will and vigour to achieve academic honours. Today it has a strength of 3300 students and more than 150 teachers. There are smart classrooms, computer labs, Robotic lab, libraries, art rooms, conference halls and auditoriums. They have designated grounds for cricket, football, lawn tennis, basketball, badminton etc. and indoor sports areas for table tennis and shooting. The canteen facilities are provided for proper hygiene of students.
Phone: 0124-2267255, 2267140
2. Ryan International School: The school in Sec-40 is a part of the Ryan International Group of Institutions. It was established in 1998 by Founder Chairman of Ryan Group, Dr. Augustine F. Pinto. The motto of the school is “Excellence in Education and All Round Development”. It’s a co-educational school with state-of-the-art infrastructure. The school aims at global education integrated with innovative use of technology to develop global citizens through a holistic approach. Facilities include activity based learning, computer lab, library, science lab, outdoor and indoor sports, judo, skating etc.
Phone: 0124-2580096, 2580096
3. GD Goenka World School: The co-educational CBSE school was established in 2013 by the GD Goenka Group at Sector 48 and offers classes from nursery to IX. The aim of the school is to provide a competitive and supportive environment with balanced curriculum to help students develop into responsible, socially active and independent individuals. The 5.2 acre school campus has air conditioned smart classrooms, well resourced library, internet accessibility, state-of-the-art labs for science, languages and computers, dining hall, cafeteria, amphitheatre, auditorium and a bookshop. Sports facilities include a senior and junior swimming pool, skating rink, lawn tennis court, basketball court, an athletics track and a multi-purpose hall. The school encourages the students to participate in various co-curricular activities like classical and western dance, vocal and instrumental music, drama, visual arts, fine arts, clay modelling, sculpture and paper recycling.
4. SCJ World Academy: It is a premium CBSE affiliated day and full boarding school established in 2016. They offer classes from nursery to IX. The campus is spread over an area of 20 acres on Sohna Road, Gurgaon. The school has a good reputation among parents due to its advanced trademark Real World Curriculum, premium infrastructure to support the curriculum and well-trained faculty who work with students to deliver amazing results.
5. DPS International: DPS International was inaugurated under the aegis of Delhi Public School Society. It is a co-educational, English medium school, affiliated to CBSE and International Baccalaureate (IB) and offers classes from Nursery to XII. It aims to help students establish good human relationships and imbibe virtues of moral courage and social discipline. The school has a good infrastructure with well-ventilated smart classroom, scientific laboratories and a beautiful campus. Students can enjoy various indoor and outdoor sports. The motto of the school is “Service before self”.
Phone: 8377000164/65, 0124-7100081, 9971093351, 0124-7100080
6. Pathways World School: Pathways World School (PWS) situated off Gurgaon Sohna Road was launched in 2003 for classes from pre-nursery to XII. It is affiliated with Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), UK, and International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), Geneva and was the first residential school in north India to introduce the IB curriculum The school boasts a multicultural community of students from over 40 nations. The school imparts education with the use of universal radio networking, interactive whiteboards and projection screens to integrate information communication technology with classroom learning.
7. Xaviers High School: It is a CBSE affiliated co-educational English medium school founded in 2014 and currently offers pre-primary and primary classes. The school is run by the St. Xavier charitable foundation. The aim of the school is to provide students with an environment that challenges them into discovering their talent and skills and inspire the joy of learning by fostering a culture of creativity so that students can be ethical, respectful, happy and purposeful citizens of the society. The teachers are highly educated and provide quality education making the best use of technology. It has neat classrooms, labs and sports infrastructure.
8. Suncity School: Suncity School in Sector 37 Gurgaon is a co-educational school spread over 5 acres with easy access to Dwarka and Gurugram. The school came into existence in 2006 to provide quality education to classes from pre-nursery to XII and is affiliated to CBSE and Cambridge International Examination (CIE). Its offers state of the art infrastructure and facilities to its students. It’s cultural ideology is of collaboration which seeks to make students, teachers and parents equal partners in the process of learning.
9. The Shri Ram School: The school was established in 2000 and follows the CISCE pattern of syllabus and has classes from grade I till grade XII. It is a co-ed day boarding institute and extra co-curricular activities offered to students are various outdoor and indoor sports, art and craft, dance and music and more. It is the most sought after school in Gurgaon.
10. KR Mangalam World School: The school was established in 2010 and follows the CBSE pattern of syllabus for classes from pre-nursery level till grade XII. It is a co-ed day boarding school. In addition to the regular academic classes that the school offers, it also provides a host of co-curricular activities for its students like football, basketball, chess, aerobics, skating, yoga, taekwondo, shooting and many more.
Phone: 9540052727, 9540062727, 91-9540082727, 9540092727
11. Shikshantar School: Founded in 2002, Shikshantar is built on the principle that every child has an inherent ability to learn. Shikshantar is promoted by the GSE Charitable Trust. It is affiliated to the CISCE Board. The school goes above and beyond in helping children learn concepts besides the stated curriculum.
Phone No: 0124-4889100
12. Heritage Xperiential Learning School: The co-ed school was established in 2003 and follows the CBSE pattern of syllabus for classes from grade I-XII. In addition to the various academic classes, the school also offers a host of co-curricular activities for its students like football, hockey, basketball, cricket, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, swimming, carom, chess, painting, sculpting, pottery, fashion and textile designing, paper recycling, clay modeling, dance and theater, sitar, guitar, table, keyboard and more.
13. GEMS International School: The school was established in 2009 and follows the CBSE pattern of syllabus from classes for Montessori level to grade XII. It is a co-ed day boarding institute. Co-curricular activities offered include athletics, basketball, yoga, martial arts, table tennis, badminton, chess, aerobics, football, cricket, volleyball, kho kho, lawn tennis, Indian and western musical instruments and dance, calligraphy, gardening, clay modeling, origami, pottery, theater and more.
Phone: 95139 00154
14. The Millennium School: The co-educational day boarding school is affiliated to CBSE. It currently has classes from pre-nursery to VIII and has a daycare facility as well. It has smart classrooms, science & computer laboratories and specialized training in various sports, creative arts and extracurricular activities.
Phone: 0124 – 6542223
15. Scottish High International School: The school was established in 2005 and follows various global boards such as the IB, ICSE, ISC and IGCSE. Classes are from grade I-XII. It is a co-ed day boarding school and besides academic classes, offers a host of co-curricular activities for its students like archery, golf, hockey, lawn tennis, horse riding, gymnastics, soccer, taekwondo, scuba diving and more.
Phone: 0124-4112781, 0124-4112782
16. DAV Public School: The school was established in 1985 and follows the CBSE pattern of syllabus and has classes from the Montessori level till grade XII. It is a co-ed day boarding institute and in addition to the regular academic classes, the school offers a wide range of co-curricular activities like photography, gym, robotics, dance and music, swimming, skating and many more.
17. Presidium School: Presidium is a coeducational day boarding school established in 2014 and offers classes from nursery to class X. It has digital classrooms, a vast library, science, computer and mathematics laboratories, specialized robotics lab, sports center, amphitheater, activity rooms, and an outdoor play area for the students. It also has well-equipped rooms for conducting hobby classes and training in performing arts.
18. Alpine International School: The school was established in 1996 and follows the CBSE pattern of syllabus for classes from the pre-primary level till the senior secondary level. It is a co-ed day boarding institute and in addition to regular academic classes offers co-curricular activities like all indoor and outdoor sports, music and dance and art and craft.
Phone: 0124-2575188, 91-9999700160, 91-9999700563, 91-9599600767
Following is the list of colleges in South Gurgaon:
1. KIIT College: KIIT (Kamrah Institute of Innovative Teaching) College was founded by Vidyapati Sansthan, a registered education society established in 1969 with the objective of imparting quality education to transform the youth into meaningful citizens of the country. It is affiliated to the AICTE. They offer courses like B.Tech, M.Tech, BBA, MBA, BCA, B.Ed and M.Ed.
Phone: 0124-2658000/10/20/30/40/50, 2265265/66
2. GD Goenka University: GD Goenka University is a private university established in 2013 by the GD Goenka Group which was founded by Shri A.K. Goenka. It is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) & AICTE and offers UG and PG courses in Engineering, Basic Sciences, Business Management & Entrepreneurship, Humanities & Social Sciences, Fashion & Design, Communication, Law, Architecture & Planning, Hospitality, Education and Medical and Allied Sciences. It also offers Ph.D programs in all disciplines. It has day boarding and hostel facility for all its students. Facilities can avail facilities like labs, video-conferencing, virtual learning, conference rooms, library, training restaurant for students and Wi-Fi enabled campus.
Phone: 98716 00054
3. Ansal University: The private university was established in 2012 and offers courses in Arts and Architecture, Hospitality Management, Management Studies, Engineering and Technology, Law, Design and Health Sciences. It has collaborated with international colleges like University of Warwick, UK and Arts University Bournemouth, UK. It has also partnered with India’s famous Digital Security Consulting & Operational Services to Business company Lucideus.
Phone: 0124 475 0400
4. R. Mangalam University: It is a private university which is established in 2013 under Haryana Pvt. Universities Act and is empowered to award degrees under section 2f of the UGC Act, 1956. The university’s campus is sprawling over 26 acres and has a magnificent view of the Aravali hills. Courses offered are Law, Basic & Applied Sciences, Medical Allied Sciences, Architecture & Planning, Engineering and Technology, Management and Commerce.
Phone: 011 4888 4888
5. The ICFAI Business School (IBS): Established in 1995, IBS Gurgaon is a private, self-financed college. It offers two years Diploma course in the Postgraduate Program in Management (PGPM). It provides high quality, value-based and career-oriented based management education to create a new class of managers for the uber-competitive business world.
Phone: 0124 498 0950
6. Amity University: It is a private university established in the year 2010. The institute is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and The University Grants Commission of India (UGC). Amity University is also accredited by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and Council of Architecture. The Institute offers various UG, Integrated, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses. It is India’s only & Asia’s 2nd University to be awarded LEED (USA) Platinum Certification.
Phone: 0124-2337015/16, 88 266 98200/1/2/3
6. Management Development Institute (MDI): It was established in 1973 and is a private autonomous institute located in Gurgaon. It’s the first Indian B-school accredited by the internationally coveted Association of MBA’s (AMBA) London. MDI was formed in association with numerous global institutions like UNIDO, UNDP, ILO, and World Bank with an initial grant customary from KFW, West Germany, and with the lively backing of the Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI). MDI holds NIRF ranking of 16 among all other business schools in India.
8. Sushant School Of Art And Architecture (SSAA): It is one of the premier architectural institutions in Gurgaon. It was established in 1989 and is affiliated to Ansal University, AICTE and Council of Architecture (CoA). SSAA offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs in the field of Architecture. It has a strength of 60 full-time faculty members and 800+ students.
Ashiana, Ashiana Housing build homes. Homes surrounded by vast green spaces and fresh breeze. Homes cocooned in secured gated complexes. Homes where futures are forged and there are opportunities to grow. And Homes in environments brimming with healthy activity, trust and respect. At heart, we build communities with care.
Other posts by Ashiana
Join 1000+ of fellow readers. Get expert real estate knowledge straight to your inbox absolutely free. Just enter your email address below.